Tuesday, November 4, 2008

4th Family Day Anniversary

Here is an email that I sent to family and friends 4 years ago:

Greetings from Russia!

Just wanted to drop everyone a quick note to let everyone know that, as of 10 a.m. Thursday, November 4, I was granted the adoption of Henry.

Although our 10-day wait was not waived, I was able to get custody of him. We went straight to the baby home to pick him up after court. We are having fun getting to know each other better. He has already started taking steps and I imagine he will be running all over the place by the time we get home.

The decree will be official on 11/16 and I am expecting that we will return home on 11/20 (a week later than anticipated).

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and I look forward to you all getting to meet my Henry.

It is so hard to believe that 4 years has already passed. My little baby boy is now my big boy kindergartner. I have not experienced one second of regret and making Henry a part of my
family is truly the best accomplishment of my life. He is a joy to all that know him.

Look for more later with pictures our our celebration from tonight.

2 comments:

  1. He is certainly a joy to us. And I'm sure he will be to Allen too. Happy 4th Family Day Anniversary. We love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is belated, but happy anniversary to you and Henry. What a lovely anniversary to celebrate.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete