Monday, November 24, 2008

No more eyeballs

Just as I was becoming acclimated to the regular use of the word "eyeball", it's been banished from our home. You see, as I was helping Henry get dressed for the meeting on Sunday, I accidentally poked him in the eyeball. He was understandably pretty upset. His poor little eye was all red and he had a hard time taking his hand away to let me look at it. He decided that we would no longer use the word eyeball, from that moment forward.

Finally, trying to calm him by whispering sweet nothings in his ear, I said the magical words that immediately stopped the tears. The hand was moved away, and my little boy looked questioningly into my face. I was able to assess the damage and determine there would be no long term affects from my accidental poke.

Now, I bet you're dying to know what I said to him. It was a question, really.

I asked him if he wanted to help vacuum that afternoon when we cleaned the house. He did want to, and he did help vacuum and did a great job.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment