Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Welcome aboard....

Welcome!

I've been wanting to do this for a while so I decided that today was the day...the day my baby turns 5. I wish I could backfill the last five years of Henry's story, but if I waited until that happened, then I'd be stuck and never able to go forward. So instead, as things occur to me, I'll try to include the history as I go.

So last night, we made a big deal about the fact that Henry would turn 5 today, August 6. This is the first year that he seems to really have a concept of that. So what does he want to know? "When Mama? When will I turn 5?" It was enough to send me to my stash of official papers. Unfortunately, nothing in them indicates the exact time he was born. To answer his curiosity, I simply told him that it would happen to him while he slept.

This morning, after he came and crawled into bed with me, I asked him how it felt to be 5. His answer: "I still feel like Henry. And I didn't get any bigger."

Oh, and as far as the blog's name "and always very curious", some of you might recognize that as a line from Curious George. It is usually on the first page of all of the stories, and is the tagline to describe him: "George was a good little monkey, and always very curious." Of course, his curiosity always get him into a pickle, but he always comes out on top. Curious George has been the favorite of my little monkey for as long as I can remember. So I thought it an appropriate name for the chronicles of Henry.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea. Yes 5 is a milestone - wish I was 5 again... Look forward to reading more about Mr. H.

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. He truly is so very curious. And very happy. I enjoyed reading some of your "adoption" posts. Am looking forward to the next installment.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm hello how come I did not know about this blog when I gave you mine...HELLO

    ReplyDelete