Thursday, September 11, 2008


Okay, Papa has been deposited at the airport. Traffic was a bit heavier than normal. Contra-flow lanes won't be opened until later today or tomorrow. His flight is showing an on-time departure.

The updated models continue to show IKE trekking straight at us.

School and work (at least for Leslie) has been canceled for tomorrow.

The 1 p.m. update has it coming in on Friday night as a Category 3 hurricane. There is a cool website here that shows the anticipated wind speed by zip code. Right now, they are estimating 96 mph winds in ours. YIKES!!!

We are still planning on sheltering in place. But we have such wonderful friends and family. We've received phone calls from our friends in Austin and Dallas, offering us a place to stay if we should decide to leave. Others have called just to let us know that their thoughts are with us as we go through this (many going through it themselves, as well).

Looking out the window right now, you'd have no idea what is out there waiting for us in just over 24 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment