Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Greetings on my last Wed in Russia

Another email update to Aunt Leslie:

Things went well today. We went out at 11:30, so I was in a panic about what to do about lunch. I decided to feed him as soon as he got up from his nap. So, at 11:15, he was lunching away, and then out the door at 11:30. First we went to the passport office and picked up the children's new passports. Then it was off to the doctor. That took a while and Henry HATED it, cried like the doctor was trying to kill him or something. All she did was listen to his breathing, look down his throat and feel him up a little. I guess it was the whole 'getting naked' thing he disliked.

Then, it was off to the American Consulate. It was about 2 when we got there. I figured we would be there awhile, especially since our appointment wasn't officially until 2:30. So my mom rocked Henry and he was sleeping in about 5 minutes flat. He ended up getting to sleep for about 45 minutes, which is a liittle shorter than normal, but still not bad.

We were then going to go out to lunch, but the other little girls had had enough, so it was back to the hotel. It was almost 4 by the time we got here. So my mom and I snacked a little, and then went down for dinner at 5. We even ordered dessert tonight. We always say we will come back later for dessert, but we never do, so we just ordered it tonight.

I was telling my mom how much Henry has progressed in the time we have been here. The first few nights in the dining room with him was really not very much fun. After he was done eating, he had no interest in sitting in the high chair any more. Tonight, he sat (rather quietly) until my mom and I were both done eating. And he was in a very good mood. Mom went to check her email and he and I headed upstairs. He giggled all the way up!

Anyway, we are really on the countdown now, and they finally fixed to the TV tonight! A few more days and we will be on the airplane to head home.

Hope you have a happy Wednesday and I look forward to talking to you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment