Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Responsible Train

I don't have much for you today, just a few cute things the boy has said in the last few days.

Our "Family Day" is coming up next week. He and Leslie have been conspiring because they've decided to use part of his allowance to let him pick something to get for me. Leslie assures me the things on "his list" are things that are his idea. Of course it is hard for a 5-year-old to keep a secret, so he let it slip that he is getting me 3 things. In his words, "one is sweet, one is special, and one is loving." It makes my heart melt.

Last night, we were sitting by the chiminea as we sipped on tea and had a few bites of dessert. I cut Henry's slice of Key Lime Pie so small that it was gone in two bites. So he was up and playing. At one point, he had laid his hockey sticks on the ground and was standing on them. He said they were his skates and he was pretending that he was skating around the backyard. Leslie noticed he had his little watering can with him, too. Without skipping a beat, he explained that was in case he skated past any flowers that needed to be watered.

And finally, just before we came in, he was sitting in his little chair right in front of the fire. Of course he was pretending. So he announces that he is driving a "responsible train". When asked why it was "responsible", he explained that it was a very fast train...faster than any cars, and so we needed to buckle up with three seatbelts. He then proceeded to buckle his three pretend seatbelts, complete with sound effects and was not happy until he heard Leslie and I do the same. The then pretended to take us for a ride on the responsible train. Personally, I felt like I was on a train to no where....

No comments:

Post a Comment